We hear this story all too often in the lead industry. A company is promised the world from the lead provider, who ends up sending bogus data, provides inadequate customer service, and no response to the dissatisfaction expressed by the customer. These types of companies make it difficult for the honest, legitimate providers, to effectively sell their products.
Web Leads has been able to separate ourselves from these types of fly-by-night entities, by creating extensive help documentation for our clients, by providing quality leads, and by setting realistic expectations with our clients. It’s easy to tell when a company just wants a quick sale and your one-time purchase, vs. a long-term business relationship. The business model of Web Leads depends on the longevity of our clients, and their ability to continually increase the number of leads being purchased (as they see increased success).
This being said, we’ve also identified a few ways to “size up” your lead gen company, to make sure you are dealing with someone legitimate.
1. Does the company have an informative web site, with contact information listed, such as a phone number, address, and details about their lead service (other than just cost)?
2. Are there any promises being made by the lead provider, about how great their leads are or the number of clients you will generate when purchasing them?
3. Does the company publish reviews from clients who have purchased their leads previously?
4. Does the company explain how the leads are generated?
5. Is there a clearly defined return policy, that enables you to return “bad leads”?
6. Does the company offer any assistance to help you convert the leads, or work with you to increase your performance?
7. Are you able to speak with someone before making the purchase, to have all of your questions answered?
See also Can I test the leads before paying for them?