No matter how long you have been in sales or even if you are brand new, sales statistics and facts can always help you change the ways in which you sell. Here we list some sales stats that can help you be better prepared when your leads begin to come through. Create a new sales plan or make tweaks to your existing plan, and see a higher conversion rate on your SEO leads.
- Follow up on leads within 5 minutes and you will be more likely to convert them.
- Top sellers use LinkedIn 6 hours per week.
- The best time to make cold calls is between 4pm and 5pm.
- The average sales person only attempts 2 contacts with lead.
- Only 2% of cold calls result in a conversion
- 50% of sales go to the first person who contacts prospect.
- 44% of sales people give up after first follow up.
- 70% of people make purchase to solve problems.
Understanding typical sales statistics can help you change your selling tactics and begin to see more success. The more detailed research you can do the better results you will get. Find out how prospects in your industry are buying so that you can create a sales plan that is tailor fit for your specific products and services. The more you know the easier it will be to expand your business.