As you probably already know, softphone technology is crucial to converting SEO leads and sales. Softphones are designed with the modern business in mind. They come with the basic features you need, like voicemail and transfer, but also with a number of other useful features such as instant messaging and video calling. Softphone services come with their own set of features, and also their own advantages and disadvantages.
What are its advantages?
- Softphone uses existing Internet bandwidth and does not require any dedicated connection for voice communication.
- Softphone is the cheapest means for voice calling, very cost effective for International calling.
- Video calling and multi-party conferencing can also be done using Softphone without incurring any additional cost.
- Easy to add new lines without doing any additional wiring.
What are the disadvantages?
- It uses IP and compression technology, causing voice quality to not match the clarity of telephone.
- Delay in voice is more common for international calling compared to normal phone.
- Difficult to use for people who have fewer capabilities for technology.
- Quality of calls can be low, depending on internet connection.
Skype vs. Vonage
Skype and Vonage are the major players in softphone technology. If you are considering softphone for the first time, we offer some pros and cons for each:
Pros: Skype is one of the cheapest services available, and it offers subscriptions with unlimited minutes. It also offers flexible billing and international calling.
Cons: It is light on features, lacking call return, call blocking and most important, 911 calling ability. It requires downloading / installation of a program. Restrictions on call volume and certain business use also applies. For example Skype prevents sales calls from being made.
If you are seeking a low-cost solution to long-distance or international calls, Skype is worth considering, but other services might offer more features for the dollar.
Pros: Clear call quality, simple setup and quick, helpful support. Available toll-free number with enhanced 911 calls. Vonage is cheap and offers flexible billing and international calling.
Cons: Desktop phone application usage costs extra. No text or video capabilities.
Vonage delivers clear call quality and simple setup. It’s inexpensive compared with standard carriers, but costs more than some other providers and lacks some capabilities other competitors include.
Soon Webleads will have its own 100% browser-based soft phone technology, which it will offer customers to use for business calls. This requires no installation and can be used on any recent computer in a Google Chrome browser. It has all of the pros of Skype, Vonage, and other majors solutions, without any of the cons.
At Webleads we want to do more than provide quality SEO leads. We want to be sure you have all the tools and help you need to convert them.