Starting a new SEO company can be both stressful and frustrating. It requires a lot of hard work, and a bit of an investment. On a recent post from SEO Hacker, the company shared their experience in 2 years as an SEO startup, proving no matter how difficult, the results have ended in a successful and fun business. In this post we will share with you our take away from the article along with some of our own tips to help you get started.
Top 5 Tips For An SEO Start-Up
- A Website and Brand – If you are going to be an expert in online marketing, you better have a great website that helps potential clients understand your brand. Building your brand can be the most important thing you do. Clients will look at your website to get an idea of what they can expect in terms of how you will take care of their site. Show people who you are and what you are made of.
- Fees/Free Consultations – Offering free consultations to prospective clients can help your closing rate. Clients always appreciate the little things. Come up with your fee structure and what you plan to offer clients. This will take some research to understand the going rate of the industry. It’s always a good idea to aim high even when your potential clients try to get you to lower your prices. Offer quality and exclusivity and you can charge for it.
- Following Up – Not every new lead is going to end in an immediate sale. Most people aren’t quite ready to buy services on the first call. Knowing when to follow up is critical. This means asking them when you can contact them again. If sale is not your thing, hire someone who is good at it.
- Marketing – Come up with unique ways for people to get to know your company. There is a lot of competition out there. Target small clients in your local area. Most local owners don’t understand the importance of SEO for their small business. Use social media, blogs, and consider spending some of your budget on buying leads.
- Leads – How will you get clients without leads? Buying an affordable SEO lead package is the quickest and easiest way to build your business. With an affordable SEO provider, you can spend time working on all the important aspects of building your business without having to spend all day chasing down clients. With great leads you will begin to grow your new SEO business and see profitable success.
Find out more about our SEO lead packages, and get your business running from the start.